..."Welcome to my new POST GRADUATE blog... don't worry I will still be talking about fashion... but i will also be bringing you all the highs and lows of a northern girl trying to make it in the land of the pie and gravy ... there will be love... laughs and real lows... hang on to your hats guys... this ride is going straight to the stars!!!!!!!

Wednesday 3 November 2010

...thinking about the future..

I want your Job Grace!!!


The Dream Job - As Im going into my final year i have been thinking alot recently about where i am going to be in the next 12 months. The dream job for me would to be 'Creative Director' of American Vogue. But obviously that is a 'bit' unreachable for 12 months time. But i would love to land an intern ship at British Vogue. I have always read Vogue. I think its the BEST of the best for fashion magazines out there. I love everything about it.. especially for that hour that you sit and read it you can escape into a fantasy world they have created. After my degree i will be looking for any magazine work i can get to work my way up to the dream. Even though i know i will spend my time running errands and getting Coffee. This summer i did an intern-ship with TESCO clothing head office. I learnt alot of skills and made allot of contacts in the industry here. Some of the other interns are at Kingston, St. Martins and LCF. It was great to see my compition. And to see what work there doing and to compare myself against them. They were telling me they have had placements at Mcqueen and Westwood as pattern cutters. Step it up JODIE!.. you've gotta beat these to the dream job!!!!!

XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment