..."Welcome to my new POST GRADUATE blog... don't worry I will still be talking about fashion... but i will also be bringing you all the highs and lows of a northern girl trying to make it in the land of the pie and gravy ... there will be love... laughs and real lows... hang on to your hats guys... this ride is going straight to the stars!!!!!!!

Saturday 6 November 2010

..One of my proudest moments....




In November 2009 our course did a live project with TESCO where we were to design an AW 2010 coat and another garment for their stores. 2 of their head designers , Andreas and Catherine came along to judge the finals and i won 1st prize. For my overall outfit and portfolio of work surrounding it. I had worked so hard on this outfit. I looked as Tesco as a store and i knew the task wasn't to design something i wanted for the future but was to design for the Tesco customer. I went to London fabric shopping and fell in love with the purple coat fabric. I thought it would be perfect for the Christmas time it was going to sell for. And then i thought as the coat looked like an evening coat it would be great to throw on over a Saturday night cocktail dress. So i did a modern day twist of the little black dress. MY theme was 'Heads, shoulders, waist and toes'. I wanted it to show a women's curves. As i hate it when women hide behind baggy clothes and unflattering jeans. MY prize for this was to work at TESCO's for 6 weeks over the summer, I got paid while i was there and learnt soooooo much about the industry that i never knew until there. I made some amazing contacts in the industry and even got offered to stay as long as i wanted!! I have never one 1st place for anything in my life so I was crying and shaking when i received this award. One of my proudest moments yet. It proves with hard work and dedication you can achieve almost anything!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment