..."Welcome to my new POST GRADUATE blog... don't worry I will still be talking about fashion... but i will also be bringing you all the highs and lows of a northern girl trying to make it in the land of the pie and gravy ... there will be love... laughs and real lows... hang on to your hats guys... this ride is going straight to the stars!!!!!!!

Sunday 29 January 2012

..where it all begins...

So... after months and months of apply for jobs and wishing and hoping for emails back and interviews I am now living and working in London...

It is very hard, and not at all what I expected... and at time I do have to stand back and think how lucky I am...but there is just so much more I want to do..

I thought I would start this new chapter with sharing some of my london snaps with you..

soooo I have been making friends in high places since moving to london... hahah welll my friend Julie rents a room in one of these flats... that over look the thames... although rather embaressingly I thought it was a puddle when I looked out the window... lol

this was my first place in london... although in the photo it may looks nice... i can reasure you it was not nice... the mould smelt... there was damp on the walls which made them wet and cracks all over the walls, and even a brown celin!!! ughhh...
well they do say when your at bottom the only way is up!! hahah

my first christmas in the big lights... I can tell you, I have never seen London at christmas... and nothing can quite prepare you for the first time you see the christmas lights, and the best feeling I felt afterwards was the fact i said to myself... the is my 'new home town'...a rather magical place..

this is my new home now... a very beautiful girly flat that i share with a girl who works in events marketing... I love it sooo much and it is very pretty... and very nice place to come home tooo...

this was the staff christmas party.... (which include some rather glamorous shots of woolford) Im so glad ive managed to make some friends since moving to london... its made my time hear feel more homely.... :)

and this is were I work... Harvey Nichols... 3rd floor... you will find me... with a plasterd smile on my face (and tears in my eyes) its not a bad job, for working in retail its proberly the best place to work, but I want more from my career, and although I was promoted to a superviser in the 1st 2 months there, I want to have more power and be more creative on a daily basis...
It would also be nice if when I came home from work my feet didnt feel like they were bleeding from standing all day...ha!

I do actually feel a bit like a proper londener now when I walk the streets, and I get a bit of a smirk when a tourist looks at me and thinks I know things and asks me for directions - although most of the time I have to tell them I have no idea where they mean *sigh*



I bloody love the fast pace lifestyle that is london, the colors just pop and the people are just soooo interesting to stop and look at... I always feel like i should be running around on the tubes, even when I dont really have anywhere to go, to just look important and 'not a tourist' hahaha

I hope to feel more settled as the months evolve... I miss my uni friends and lifestyle more than I have ever missed anything, but I know this is a new chapter of my life... and I want to look it in the face and scream Im arriving... you best be READY!!!!!!


love Miss London-Northern Gal xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment